Are you looking for How to Fold a Suit Jacket to avoid wrinkling and rumpling? Then, this guide is for you.
Folding a suit jacket properly will save you a lot of space in your luggage or a suitcase.
And you can do this by folding your Jacket very well, using a shirt style fold, folding inside out, etc.
However, here on this page, you will learn the various ways one can fold a suit jacket for travel.
I will show you the best three methods of folding a suit jacket, so it doesn’t wrinkle.
Let’s quickly see them.
3 Easy Methods on How to Fold a Suit Jacket
Method 1: Folding a Suit Jacket Inside Out
- The first step here is to turn the suit jacket shoulders inside out by grabbing the front collar and pulling it back around to the back of the suit jacket.
- Now, you fold the suit Jacket in half lengthwise by making the front open side of its face out, and the two shoulders are touching.
- Lay the suit jacket on a flat surface and fold the bottom edge up to the middle of the suit.
- Now, you have just folded the bottom crease, then fold the top edge of the Jacket down to the bottom crease.
Method 2: Using a Shirt-Style Fold
- Hold your suit jacket or lay it on a flat surface, so its back is facing you.
- Fold the right-side seam/sleeve into the center of the suit jacket.
- Fold the left side sleeve into the center of the suit jacket and make it lay directly on the other sleeve you folded.
- Now, fold your suit jacket over half crosswise by bringing the bottom edge up to the top edge.
Method 3: Rolling a Suit Jacket
- Pop the suit jacket shoulders inside out by grabbing the front collar and pulling it back on both sides. Then push the shoulders out and the sleeve holes outside.
- Fold the suit Jacket into half lengthwise as the shoulders touch together, and the open part of the Jacket is facing out.
- Now, you lay the suit jacket on a flat surface while half of the Jacket faces up.
- Then, roll the suit jacket top edge down to the bottom edge quickly, and don’t roll it with pressure to avoid wrinkling.
- And after that, your suit jacket is ready for packing or storing.
That is all you need to know about how to fold a suit jacket, so it doesn’t wrinkle.
If you have been doing it the wrong way since then, it’s time for you to try any of these methods now.
You will be glad you did, and your suit jacket will always look neat.
Remember to share this article with your friends and loved ones.